Exchange Administrator – Washington D.C. Metro Area
Location: Washington D.C.
- The Messaging Administrator’s role is to ensure the stable operation of the entire Messaging environment. This position has roles in: planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all Exchange & Domino hardware/software. Because of the inter-connections of the messaging system knowledge of peripheral systems and protocols such as SameTime, Domino, Email Gateways (IronPort), Email Archiving solutions, Blackberry Enterprise Servers and other Mobile technologies will be given higher consideration. The Messaging Administrator will work in a team environment where team work, effective communications and accountability is of the highest importance.
- 7+ years’ experience as an Exchange Engineer /Admin in a large corporate environment with emphasis on high-availability and uninterrupted 24/7 messaging services.
- Experience with clustered IronPorts for SMTP Ingress/Egress or similar perimeter SMTP technologies.
- Experience operating in a co-existence environment (Exchange/Domino) preferably using Quest CMN tool set.
- Maintain and support the administration of corporate email and Exchange/Domino application’s environment, which comprises Exchange & Domino high availability services.
- Experience/knowledge using cloud technologies particularly Office 365.
- Experience in archiving solutions such as EmailXtender, CommVault, or Enterprise Vault
- Knowledge of electronic records management including document retention, deletion and legal hold policies.
- Knowledge of the administration, maintenance and support for the Blackberry Enterprise Server and other Mobile Device Management technologies.
- Lead messaging projects, software upgrades, architecture changes and implementation of new components within the environment.
- Performing routine Exchange & Domino server maintenance tasks such as realigning Exchange database copies within DAGs and/or maintaining Domino AdminP data processes, etc.
- Troubleshooting Messaging Server issues, working in collaboration with other relevant IT areas and vendor support towards a quick and effective resolution.
- Performing daily administration tasks as assigned to the team.
- Follow direction from the team management.
- Create and maintain daily/weekly/monthly operational checklists and operational reports.
- Will have responsibility to help address/resolve Tier2 and Tier3 tickets related to collaboration systems.
- After hours operational support will be required based on team roster system.
- Exchange 2007/2010/2013. At least two versions of these Messaging Systems a must.
- PowerShell and Administrative scripting proficiency.
- Cisco IronPort SMTP routing appliances, physical and or virtual.
- Mobility Solutions – Blackberry, Good Technologies
- Demonstrated proficiency of Active Directory, network and Internet concepts (e.g., firewalls, load balancers, web browsers, TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, LDAP, etc.)
- Effective analytical, planning, organizational, problem determination and resolution process skills.
- o365 Administration and Migration a plus
- Familiarity with SOX regulations and best practices implementing Internal controls to be in compliance
Education / Experience
- Technical Degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in Messaging environments
- One of the following certifications in Lotus preferred:
- MCSE or MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional (Messaging))
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solution Associate) working towards MCSE.
- Any email archiving solution training/certification
- IBM Domino Certifications