Java Software Engineer – Herndon VA Area
Location: Herndon, Virginia
- The position will be part of a dynamic first article engineering team that develops, tests and integrates cutting edge technologies into the enterprise. Working closely with the engineering team, project manager, and sponsor management, the candidate will utilize a strong technical skill set to provide mobile platform engineering services, as well as software application engineering and development services for Android.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Development, testing and integration of customized mobile applications for the Android tablet
- Working closely with project team to contribute to the overall tablet and mobility perspective
- Executing work based on functional and security requirements
- Collaborating daily with engineering, vendor, management and enterprise teams
- Preparing detailed specs form which applications will be written
- Working collaboratively with the sponsor’s enterprise application organization to understand their business processes in order to ensure a seamless transition of developed applications
- Contributes to a cross-functional team in stands-ups, planning meetings and vendor conference calls
- Maintain working knowledge of relevant government and industry standards
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans and designs systems modeling, simulation and analysis for project(s) crossing multiple product lines or a major phase of significant projects. Participates as integral part of design team, coordinates engineers and support staff in project efforts.
- Performs highly complex testing and research of software systems to enhance performance or investigate and resolve matters of significance.
- Monitors and oversees the completion and implementation of technical products to ensure success and timeliness.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of highly complex projects. Identifies, recommends and pursues technology/practices to apply to solution.
- Recommends and implements corrections in highly complex technical applications and analysis to enhance performance.
- Conducts cost analyses and evaluates vendor capabilities to provide the most complex required products or services. Recommends vendor(s) and approach and presents to senior management/customer as appropriate.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides complex technical consultation to other organizations; interacts with senior customer personnel and internal senior management.
- Provides the customer base with second level support.