Network Engineer – Washington D.C. Metro Area
Location: Washington D.C.
- This position is responsible to provide engineering support for the delivery of multi-site enterprise and data center environments; including the evaluation, design, administration, implementation and troubleshooting of network and security infrastructure technologies and solutions.
- Support critical projects in the areas of Network and Security.
- Understand and advocate Network & Security standards, reference architectures and robust/scalable/secure Network & Security infrastructure, its outcome and ongoing results.
- Perform the administration, design, implementation and troubleshooting of Network and Security infrastructure solutions.
- Coordination with Operations team for the design, build and production readiness of Network and Security infrastructure solutions supporting mission critical production environments.
- Coordination with Architecture Services to ensure implementation of best practices for infrastructure governance, architecture, engineering, production support and service management.
- Ensure decisions around Network and Security solutions are made and deviations from standards are properly identified, addressed and communicated.
- Stay current with developing technologies and predict impact of changing technologies.
- Identify opportunities to simplify and keep the Network and Security infrastructure current.
- Ensure consistent delivery of superior technical solutions.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
- Continually define ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, engineering, computer science, related field or equivalent experience.
- 10 or more years of IT experience, preferably in the financial services industry.
- 5+ years in a senior level engineering role engaged with IP network technologies including LAN switching, BGP/OSPF routing, VPLS/MPLS, traffic engineering, server load balancing, network security design for large scale multi-site data center environments.