Senior Developer – Washington D.C. Metro Area
Location: Washington D.C.
- Collaborate with the project manager, developers and business partners in developing business rules application related artifacts.
- Understand Business needs and processes.
- Identify solutions, present and work with project team/sponsors in identifying best solution.
- Participate in Requirements Analysis.
- Design applications based on System Requirements.
- Promote top code quality and solve challenging issues related to performance tuning and scalability.
- Provide production support including evaluate defects, investigate cause and come up with solutions to address defects.
- Implementation of software application changes with aggressive deployment timelines.
- Execute department processes in a high-quality, efficient and team oriented manner.
- Candidate should be an IBM Ilog JRules/ODM Developer with experience in writing technical and business rules, Rule Studio, Java/J2EE architecture and software development life cycle process.
- Strong analytical and software engineering process skills.
- Understand XML and creation of XML test data.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience from which knowledge and skills may be obtained.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development.
- 2 years of relevant experience and specialized training or certification in the following technologies, including J2EE, Java, IBM Ilog JRules/ODM, Web Development and SQL.
- Proficient in documenting and communicating ideas clearly.
- Ability to resolve issues in a non-confrontational manner.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Experience with UML, SQL and UNIX Shell Script.
- Familiarity with the Mortgage Industry a plus.
- Experience with Agile or Waterfall software development project methodologies preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, collaborative, and problem-solver.
- Organized, ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and manage multiple priorities.