Systems Engineer – Washington D.C. Metro Area
Location: Washington D.C.
System Engineers provide strategic and tactical planning and engineering support for projects. Personnel are assigned to more complex development tasks based on their Level of expertise.
- Duties: Identify, analyze, define, and coordinate user, customer and stakeholder needs and translates them into technical requirements.
Identify technical risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Record lessons learned, processes and procedures, and other pertinent quality topics in appropriate formats.
- Work with project personnel to resolve schedule problems and ensure developed applications and systems are transitioned to customers in a timely manner.
- Survey products and technical infrastructure as part of the system selection process.
- Assess system designs to validate them against expected technical parameters.
- Identify hardware and applications needed to complete the development process.
- Ensure all product and administrative documentation is completed and maintained in order to ensure continuity and historical reference.
- Ensure deliverables meet all relevant quality and security standards.
- Specialized Qualifications: In depth knowledge of the U.S. Government operation procedures. Detailed understanding of current and future technology trends. Detailed knowledge of the project life cycle and acquisition process. Working knowledge of current project management models. Ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Ability to identify technology gaps in current capabilities and processes. Ability to develop a project plan and workflow based on a project management model.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve both technical and non-technical issues. Ability to effectively understand and communicate orally, in writing, and interpersonally to various customers/audiences. Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals. Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical issues (e.g. equipment, systems, networks, computer operations, cover issues etc).
Education / Experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or experience that would provide equivalent knowledge
- TS/SCI clearance with Poly